Libervis Advertising Policy
Libervis Network supports Free Culture and as such it promotes and encourages following a certain basic set of ethical standards.
It however accepts and supports a commercial model of supporting financial sustainability which is at this point advertising. However, since allowing all kinds of advertisements would also mean allowing propagation of messages contradictory to our vision and ethical standards we uphold, we believe it was necessary to publish this simple advertising policy that identifies what kind of advertising we should not accept. If you are a potential advertiser, make sure that what you are interested in advertising does not breach any of these points.
That said, adverts that meet any of the following criteria will not be accepted:
- advertising sites that sell or otherwise directly promote proprietary software (as opposed to both commercial and non-commercial Free Open Source Software (such as GNU/Linux)). However, we will accept advertisements for sites that use proprietary software to deliver content to their users, for example sites served from a server running a proprietary operating system or a proprietary CMS, as long as they don't *require* clients to use proprietary programs to receive anything from the server (e.g., RealPlayer, Windows Media, etc).
- advertising sites with pornography, gambling and related content as well as sites that promote cracking, spamming and other similar illegal activities.
- advertising sites of extremely one sided political parties absolutely closed to outside opinion (which are damaging and opposite to the spirit of Free Culture).
- advertising sites that clearly promote technology that can circumvents people's freedoms, rights and privacy, such as treacherous computing (AKA "Trusted Computing")
- advertisements that might annoy our readers so much they will stop visiting our sites (which would decrease the value of other advertisements). Examples of such advertisements that we wont accept are ads that blink twice a second or more and ads that require special software to be viewed, causing pop-ups for those who don't have it as is java, flash, certain movie formats etc.
- advertisements that employ cross-site tracking technologies
This policy might be changed at any time, but changes will not apply to existing agreements. For example, if the community hates a particular ad, and asks for a rule against it, the ad will NOT be removed before the period paid for has ended, but that period then cannot be extended. If an advertisement seems likely to cause a future change to the policy, we might discuss a possible policy change with our community before possibly accepting that ad.
As you can see, there is little to worry about, most advertisements will be accepted immediately.
We hope this is all clear, please do not hestitate to ask questions about this policy to libervis[at]libervis.com
Libervis moderators and community